VEDR - 38

I have edited some of the previous chaps. 

happy reading!

 


38 Conrad 4


"Well, he's called Conrad, but..."


I was about to continue by saying that he should add "sama'' after my brother's name, but I was unsure if that was correct and stopped speaking.


If you think about it, everyone here is working for the Marquis's residence.


Even if your main skill is cooking, if your language is bad, someone should have warned you long ago.


Even though he was the son of a marquis, was it correct to call him without an honorific title?


As I was thinking about it, the oil that was boiling in the pot suddenly splashed.


“Ah, the oil got too hot.”


...I don't know the answer.

In that case, let's put aside the matter of calling Conrad without honorifics and concentrate on cooking.


With that in mind, I dropped thinly sliced ​​vegetables one after another into the oil.


The important thing is not to over-fry them, so I take out the vegetables while watching the timing.


Then sprinkle some salt on top of the freshly fried vegetables.



As I was plating the food on the plate as if it was finished, I heard a timid voice from the head chef.



"Young lady, is it ready yet? If it's that thin, it'll just be crispy, not chewy at all. I don't think it'll be delicious..."


Apparently the head chef was following me and watching over me the whole time.


As his name suggests, he is very caring.


I answered the questions asked.




"Ah, that's true. Is there tempura over here? Well, in other words, think of it as a completely different dish from thick-sliced ​​vegetables that are deep-fried. It's not a dish that looks for chewiness, but rather a dish that enjoys the crispness."


“A crisp feeling…??”


The head chef doesn't seem to understand at all, and glances at the plate in my hand.


Oh, now that you mention it, I've never eaten chips in this world.


It may be impossible to ask someone to understand a cuisine they have never experienced.



Thinking so, I said, "Hold out your hand,'' and I placed a few chips on the chef's palm.



The head chef looks at the chips from various angles with interest, then picks them up and brings them to his mouth.


Then he took a bite and let out a surprised sound.


"It's crispy! It has a strange texture! It crumbles in your mouth and makes a sound. It's so interesting!!"


"I guess so. Since it's a candy, it's important that the texture is interesting."


"Texture! The young lady's idea is so original! I can't believe she focused on ways to enjoy it other than the taste!"


"Huh? No, no, it's not that big of a story..."



I instinctively take a step back as the head chef begins to get excited.


By the way, is this the same person as the head chef who was sullen and silent just now?


He suddenly became talkative.



The head chef continues to speak fluidly, ignoring my repeated blinking.



“Miss, if you eat this kind of food without any preconceived notions, it will taste really delicious!!”


"Oh, that's good. But it's just deep-fried, so it's not really a dish..."


"No, it's a wonderful dish with a new idea! As the daughter of an aristocrat, you've seen and heard many things, unlike me. You're rich in ideas and overflowing with inspiration. Ah, how wonderful……"



I couldn't hide my surprise as the head chef suddenly started complimenting me freely.


Experts are truly passionate about their specialty.


Even to someone like me, who they had been trying to keep a distance from, thry could come close to me all at once.


I gave a fake smile and grabbed a platter of chips.


"I-I have a lot of ideas for new dishes in my head, so I think I'll borrow the kitchen again. Let's talk then."


"Yes!! We are waiting for you, young lady!!"


"...Um! Good day."




I was frightened by the head chef's excitement and quickly left the kitchen.


Then, I change my mind and head straight to my brother's room so that Conrad can eat it while it's still warm.


As I walked quickly down the hallway, I noticed that the scenery outside through the window was dyed a deep red, and I realized that the sun was setting.


Oh, it's already dusk.

Tomorrow is the lunar day of the week, so I have to go back to school today. I think I'm later than usual.


When I entered Conrad's room, it seemed like he had just finished dinner, and when he saw the plate in my hand, his eyes lit up.



“Sister, what is that? Show it to Con-chan!”


As he says this, he jumps up and down to see what's inside the plate I'm holding close to my chest.



"Hehehe, Con-chan, this is the snack you've been waiting for."


When I say that, Conrad jumps even more.



"Yay! Con-chan has been waiting a long time to eat this!"


"Yes, it been a long wait... It's been less than an hour since I left this room earlier."




'What a cute thing to say!' I thought so as I sat down on the sofa next to Conrad.


Conrad quickly reached for the plate on the table, picked up some pumpkin chips, and stuffed the whole thing into his mouth.




"C-Con-chan, you don't have to put it in your mouth all at once...!"

"Puri, Puri. ... Amazing, delicious."


Conrad muttered with a straight face while covering his mouth with both hands.



"Really, Con-chan? I'm so happy! If you don't mind a snack like this, your sister will always make it for you!"


“Yay!”



Conrad's mouth and tongue is twisted as he stuffs his mouth full.


Despite this, Conrad began filling his mouth with chips one after another.


His cheeks bulged out like a squirrel's, and his face, which was originally puffy, became even more swollen.



"Co, Con-chan, you're gonna choke! This is all for Con-chan, so please eat slowly."


Conrad kept reaching for the chips and putting them in his mouth, ignoring my worried eyes.

And before I knew it, the pile of chips on the plate was reduced to half.



...No, I'm happy though.


Of course, I made it for Con-chan, but I wonder if he ate too much?


Although I brought all the food I had made, I didn't think Conrad would eat much of it. Eating too much isn't good for your health.



Thinking so, I was about to open my mouth to stop Conrad, when suddenly, the door swung open with a bang.


The flashy sound startled me and made me turn around.



I was surprised that he didn't even knock. When I looked over, I saw Safia onii-sama standing there leaning against the door.



"Huh? Oh, brother? What's wrong?"


I asked in surprise, but my brother just looked at me and Conrad in silence and didn't reply.


Rather, the way the door was opened violently made it seem like he had something urgent to do, but my brother remained at the entrance of the room and made no attempt to enter.


My brother looked at me inquiringly as I was wondering what was wrong.



"...Who is that?"


I don't understand the meaning of the question.



"Huh? Co, are you asking about Con-chan? Of course, it's Onii-sama's younger brother Conrad!"



Even though I was wondering what my brother was saying, I answered with all my might.


Now that I think about it, I remember that my brother and Conrad haven't seen each other lately.



They say that children grow up quickly.


But what is it like to be unable to recognize your own younger brother?



As I was thinking this and was beginning to criticize my brother for his lack of compassion, he made an even more callous remark.



"I don't have a younger brother."


"Ehh?"


When I heard Safia-onii-sama's words, I could only gape.









Prev|TOC|Next










Comments