VEDR - 39

I looked at Syosetsu and found that the novel is on hiatus! what to do???

Okay, the author just updated. I panicked. heh


 

39 Conrad 5



"Onii-sama, what on earth are you saying?"


I quickly stood up and held out my hands towards my brother.



Well, I guess it's just brother's quirky joke.

But if the person who said it takes it head on, it's a statement that can be extremely damaging.

The only saving grace is that Conrad is too young to understand much of what it means, but this is the wrong kind of joke.



Thinking so, I step in to stop my brother.

“Oh, it’s unusual for you to make such a joke, brother, and I don’t understand your intentions. I wonder how Conrad will take it when he hears it.”




However, unlike usual, my brother didn't respond with a joke at all.

His face wasn't grinning or amused either, but instead had a serious look on his face.




As I tilted my head to the side, wondering what was going on, my brother asked me a question, keeping his eyes fixed on Conrad.

"What have you been doing for the last five minutes?"




"Huh? When you say 5 minutes...I think I was just watching Conrad eat the sweets....Well, I made the sweets by hand."

When my brother heard my words, he glanced at the plate containing the sweets, so I explained to him that they were handmade by me.

Yeah, well, it's true that it's a candy that is brownish overall and lacks glamor.




Thinking about this, I felt a little depressed, and Conrad opened his mouth as if to comfort me.




"~Hmm, Con-chan seems to be able to move now because he ate the sweets that sister made.~"





"Con-chan! You're so kind!"

I couldn't help but be moved by Conrad's kind words, as if reading my depressed feelings and following up on my feelings.



"Onii-sama, I was talking with Conrad about leaving this house, and at that time he said, "I won't be able to move unless I eat sweets.'' In other words, sweets are the most important thing to Conrad. I can't believe Con-chan would tell me that the sweets I made would make him feel better!"




“You… you could easily find out about my weaknesses…”

My brother frowned, as if he had a headache.




“Brother?”

My brother's expression didn't suit the current situation, so I tilted my head to the side.




However, my brother narrowed his eyes slightly and muttered something in an inaudible voice.

"...I see. The wizard's handmade sweets...Activation trigger conditions. Was it?”




Then my brother motioned for me to come closer.

As I approached, wondering what was going on, my brother silently grabbed my chin and peered into me from a close distance.




“Oh, oh, brother?”




I thought he was too close and tried to move away, but my brother's strength was so strong that I couldn't take my eyes off him.

Well, the part of me that's being grabbed doesn't hurt at all, but I can't escape. What kind of grip does he have?




Without caring about my feelings, my brother looked into my eyes and muttered bitterly.




"...'Charm' huh? That's troublesome."




"Huh? Oh, um, Onii-sama..."

"...It's time to go back to the school. Say goodbye, Luciana. Say goodbye to 'Conrad' in the usual way. Just show that it's normal without provoking it."




Although I couldn't understand what my brother said at all, I knew that he was a person I could trust regarding the Fritillaria Dukedom, so I turned to Conrad as I was told.




"Um... well then, Con-chan. It's time for your sister to go back to school. I'll be back on the weekend, so we'll be leaving you to Oriko-san."

"Okay, sister! Con-chan is with Oriko-san, so please be sure to come back!"

"Of course, Con-chan! I promise!!"




I wanted to hug Con-chan for the last time, but my brother held one of my hands and wouldn't let go, so I couldn't go back near the sofa where my brother was sitting.

I looked up at my brother with a look of resentment, but he ignored me and slammed the door to Conrad's room.

Then, while holding my arm, I was quickly hurried to the door.




On the way, my brother was giving instructions to the butler near the entrance.

"Don't let anyone near Conrad's room for a while."




"Wait, what are you asking them to do? How long is a while? He's small, so he needs someone to take care of him!"

I hurriedly tried to plead with him, but he ignored me again.




Oh my god.

It's okay, little one. This is over the top! If it's for cute Conrad, I'll fight!




My brother got into the carriage as he grabbed my hand.

"Huh? Oh, are you going back to the school in the same carriage? Or rather, are you going to stay like this? My luggage is in my room, but..."




I couldn't understand my brother's actions anymore, so I blinked repeatedly.




...I wonder what's going on with this?

My brother and I always used separate carriages to go to and from school, right?

Actually, I went to Conrad's room immediately after returning from the Duchy of Fritillaria, so I haven't put any of my luggage in order and it's still in my room.




“Oh, brother?”




I asked in confusion, but Safia-onii-sama just looked back at me without saying a word.









Comments

  1. Thank you so much for translating!! I’ve recently discovered this as a novel and appreciate the extra details not in the manga. Looking forward to the next chapters!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment