VEDR - c31

 Thank you everyone for your support! And special mention to Kris for commenting, realy uplifts my mood! 

Enjoy the chapter everyone!



31 Birthday Festival of the Duke of Fritilaria 22



I blinked repeatedly at the serious appearance of Lakarsh.


What happened to Lakarsh?


Other than Prince Ernesto and his sister Celia, I thought that he was the type that was not interested in others at all.


I opened my mouth, puzzled, wondering if my explanation was not enough.


"Because......Lakarsh was forced by Brother Safia, and was asked to change the way of calling me. I thought it was not good to follow it if it was not out of genuine feelings of Mr. Lakarsh, so I refused. For saving Celia, I have already received your gratitude. I also accepted an apology for what have been said and done so far. However, regarding the apology, I also apologize because there was a mistake in my words and deeds so far. I'm sorry to bother you with my selfish actions."


Given Lakarsh's serious take on the matter, I thought that my words and deeds have been an eyesore, and I bowed my head obediently.


He then reflexively took my arm and prevented me from bowing.


"Raise your face......Miss Luciana"


"That......"


"I was not forced by Lord Safia, but I wanted to identify you.…... by name, meaning yourself.…is it unpleasant?"


".................. It's not unpleasant, though. And many of the students at the school call me by name. But, Lord Lakarsh, you are not calling any of the girls by name. This makes me look special."


When I calmly pointed out the current situation, I made Lakarsh realize.


It is like an aloof "walking statue". It is not something that comes down to the ground against me.


Get your cool back.


"I wonder if it is special......you."


However, Lakarsh still seemed confused, and his response was far from calm.


…I wonder why it happened, Lakarsh.


If the other person is not me, it is a line that can be greatly misunderstood.


I thought so, and I calmly admonished Lakarsh not to regret it later.


"Sir Lakarsh, please wake up. I'm sure you've been worried about Celia for many years. As much as I am relieved that your worries have been removed, I think that you see me as a friend who has resolved thes problems together and placed your trust in me. But be calm. I just happened to be here. If it was another daughter who was present here and it was that daughter who cooperated, that person would also be special to Sir Lakarsh."


"No, you are the one who is saying something strange. If it was other than you who was present, it would not be possible to overturn fate in the first place. Before that, an ordinary lady will be running away from this place.…... A normal aristocratic daughter is not as brave as you are."


…... No, this is...


I don't know what it is, but it seems that there is a filter that makes me looks nice on Lakarsh.


I think we'll have to set aside some time for him to regain his composure.


As I thought so, I put on a vague expression. I thought about leaving this place in a hurry, and searched for words to leave.


Then, Lakarsh, who felt the atmosphere, gently takes my hand.


"Miss Luciana, you are the only one......can't you let me specifically apologize? You invited me to the theater in the school classroom. That was...... was it your consideration that tried to keep me away from this territory, from the monsters of the territory?"


"Huh?"


I was surprised and raised my voice to the sudden story.


I wonder, why do you notice such a thing now?


And why are we bringing up such a story now?


Oh, brother Safia. Your eyes are shining. Those are the eyes that found something interesting.


No doubt, I'll be pestered in the carriage on our way home.


I was wondering how I should respond to Lakarsh's question, but he continued to talk before that.


"Miss Luciana, I'm really sorry. The reason you invited me to the show was because of deep thought, but because of my lack of perception, I easily turned it down in the public eye. If it's okay... is it possible to ask you to a theater again?"


"No, it's impossible!"


I was surprised at the flow of the story that I did not even anticipate, and raised a voice of denial.


That, that, that?! How did this happen??


I didn't want to be confused, but what is this conversation?


Lakarsh is one of the main targets of this otome game. I will be afraid to get close to you!


When he heard my rejection, Lakarsh looked despondent, but he looked up as if he had reconsidered, and opened his mouth to say.


"Miss Luciana, really,......I'm aware that it's a really jarring remark, but when fighting monsters, I told you, 'Let me talk about how a lady should be.' So, if you can listen to me, ......it seems that the right way for a lady is not to refuse the invitation of a man on the spot."


"Eh?"


"So, I would be grateful if you could put it on hold instead of turning down the theater right now."


"What......, huh? No, but...uh...yeah?"


Is this really Lakarsh?


Is this the "walking statue" that is said to have no blood, no tears, no moving heart?


I don't know what to do. When I was splattering marks around my head, my brother called me

"Luciana, the man said it already. Even if you are the last lady, accept it with a smile."

"............ Yes, brother."


Since l didn't know the correct answer, I decided to follow my brother who seems to know many things.


…... Well, it's fine if you refuse later.


Yes, of course I will never approach Lakarsh.


I had made various excuses, but I knew in my heart.


Yes, this is my bad Japanese temperament, trying to keep the place round.


And in most cases, I regret saying, "I should have said it more clearly at that time."


Author's note:

thank you for always reading!

It's been a month since I started posting this work.

I am surprised to be able to post every day. Thanks to those who read it.

thank you very much. Thank you, continue.


If you have time, please support the original work of the author.

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n2907ga/




Prev|TOC|Next








Comments

  1. I love reading this sorry for not commenting alot but i really appriciate your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the translation!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment