VEDR Side Story 1

 The Villainness Has Entered The Doting Route




Side story 1



[SIDE] Duke of Fritillaria, Lakache

"Fate is something that cannot be overturned."


I, Lakarsh Fritillaria, understood it more than anyone else as one of the clan who inherited the ability of "foresight".



――― When I was 12, my only sister who is seven years old revealed her "foresight” ability.


"Foresight" is a rare and valuable ability that our clan has kept under its pedigree.


"It is too much of an ability to be given to human beings, such as the ability to see into the future."

"Transcendental abilities require similar sacrifices"

"My sister Celia will suffer because she is given too much power."


In that way, my worries, which I had been on my heart since my sister's power manifested, became a reality.


The price for my sister's overwhelming power turned out to be "life with a time limit."

I spoiled Celia because I understood that from the foresight that my sister saw.


Her time is limited.

At the very least, I wanted her to have a time that she could enjoy and a time that she were happy with, as long as possible.


However, my actions were denied by my father.

"It's a sentiment because of your youth. Celia has a short life. Then it's important to teach that there is nothing fun in this world so as not to leave regrets. 

This is absolute."


――― As my father said, I must be young.


I don't understand what my father says because I lack experience.


"I want you to experience a lot of fun because you have short time."

By all means, my thoughts got there.


At the age of 12, I was already studying royal studies, so I had limited time to use it.

Therefore, I tried to spend the time I have with Celia by gathering up my spare time or by skipping my role and class.


When my sister was young, I took her to the mountains to pick sweet nuts and to the river to catch fish.

Celia was tanned unthinkably as a duke's daughter, and opened her mouth and laughed carelessly.


Things that can only be enjoyed at the age of 7, things that are fun at the age of 8, and fun that can be done from the age of 9.

I wanted to give her enough things that she could only enjoy at that age.


When Celia was older, I took her out to the city to visit popular sweets shops, eating and comparing sweets as my sister wanted.

I asked them to make fashionable dresses, enjoyed the time until they were completed, and when we arrived, we put them on and danced together.


"Brother, it's fun"

While dancing with me, my 14-year-old sister happily squints and laughs.


When I saw Celia, I said "I'm glad", but I felt the pain like having a pebble in my chest.


――― My sister's life is short.

Certainly, she will die sooner than I do.


So, I tried to increase the chances that my sister would be happy, at least to give her a happy life, but that was all I could do.


"Hypocrite" "Hypocrite"

Yes, I have a voice in my heart.


"Is Celia's desire to dance in a gorgeous dress? ...... Isn't it different? 』\

There is a voice blaming me.


"Celia's hope is to be 15 years old. Let's make it come true, brother? 』\

Condemning me with a clear will.


――― That's right.

――― My sister wants to live, so playing outside, cakes, and dresses are all acts for my selfishness.

――― I can't even fulfill the wishes of my only sister.


While being aware of this, he repeated his acts in order to bring out his sister's slight smile.


…… Oh, what a meaningless and hypocritical act.


As much as I am aware, I feel guilty in my chest.


Every time my sister smiles, "I enjoyed it," and every time I say "Thank you," I feel like I have one stone in my chest.

Because what I'm doing isn't what my sister wanted.


When I was little, my sister said that she was sad.

"I want to live longer"

――― Yes, she did say that.


However, no matter how many times I challenge the future that my sister saw, ―――― …………


"Brother, my servant is attacked by a monster and killed. Help me! 』\

"Oh, let's help"


――― Certainly, I was able to protect Celia's servant from monsters.

However, the "curse" that was applied when the monster attacked killed the servant ...



"My brother, my friend's carriage fell off the cliff and my friend was seriously injured. Help me! 』\

"Oh, let's help"


――― It is a request using the name of the Duke of Fritillaria. Celia's friend changed the itinerary and the carriage never got into an accident.

However, Celia's friend fell off the bridge on the river she was traveling to and was seriously injured ...



No matter how many times I challenged the future my sister saw, I couldn't change the ending even once.


"Why? Why doesn't the future change? If so, what is my power for!?"

As a child, Celia was distraught and screaming.


While comforting my sister with words that were kind to my ears, I was asking myself.

"Why? Why can't we change the future? Maybe I'm here to change the tragedy that Celia sees! ?? 』\


However, as I repeatedly challenged the future that could not be changed many times, my sister eventually began to accept the "unchangeable future."


I understood that the future that she sees is absolutely inevitable.


... with resignation, I accepted it.



And, over and over again, the sad and cruel fate, my sister who had to accept the future as she saw it as a reality --- eventually stopped talking about her true hope.


Celia will never say "I want to live longer".

Because --- my sister knew that it was an unfulfilled hope.


I wanted to prove that it was not.


Over and over again, I tried my best to change the tragic consequences my sister saw, but never once --- paradoxically, I proved that my destiny couldn't be changed. It is what it is.


It was I who proved that her death was inescapable, which gave Celia despair.


――― Oh, as my father says, I'm probably young.

To be arrogant.


Not knowing his power, not understanding the absoluteness of this "foresight" ability, he showed his sister hope that did not exist.

――― After all, it will come back with several times more despair.


And yet, I'm hypocritical.

Celia continues to carry a momentary enjoyment that makes her smile even for a moment.


Being aware of his powerlessness, he is still in a vain hope despite being overwhelmed.

He raises his face when he is the son of the Fritillaria family, the first duke of the kingdom.


Perhaps this is the Atonement.

At least my atonement that made my sister, who has only a desperate future, understand that despair more deeply.


...... May she be proud that her brother was fine until the moment Celia dies.



That is why I sought to be the most noble, compassionate, and helpful to the weak.


Raise your face. Look forward.

I told myself that there was nothing I couldn't do.


――― In fact, I continued to force myself to continue to wear the mask of a strong man who was strong and could do anything, even though he was so helpless that even one younger sister could not be saved. 



Stupidly.


Humorously.




Prev|TOC|Next












Comments